We had a small group last Sunday morning for worship. Many of our members, including Lise, myself, as well as the Saumurs, were out-of-town. Normally a low attendance seems to discourage us because we feel that what we are doing is somehow not as good as when there are many people. This is unfortunate because when we feel this way it robs us of the joy and satisfaction that we ought to feel when the saints gather together, no matter how many there are!
We need to remember that special things happen when Christians gather together to worship God, whether it be two or two thousand. Last Sunday, only a small number were present, but here are some of the things that happened during this time together.
- We confessed the name of Jesus. Matt. 10:32
- We sang spiritual songs and hymns. Phil. 5:19
- We encouraged each other. Heb. 10:25
- We prayed. I Thess. 5:17
- We praised. Ps. 149:1
- We shared fellowship. Acts 2:42
- We learned the Word. Matt. 28:20
- We were strengthened as disciples. Acts 18:23
- We broke bread. Acts 20:7
- We loved one another. I Pet. 1:22
Something special happens every time the saints gather in Christ’s name. It happened last week and it will happen again this week. Don’t miss it!